South Oak Title Team - Meet Allison Parker
Nov 09, 2016 | Team South Oak | Share:
We took a non-conventional approach to helping you get to know our team. And we had fun doing so. These are stories from the people who make South Oak Title great. Meet Allison Parker, VP of Operations.
- What’s your favorite thing about working for South Oak Title?
I love our amazing team of people! We have a fantastic staff and excellent partners that make it fun to work hard, be productive, serve our clients well, and get excited about doing it all again yet better the next day!
- If you had one free hour each day, how would you use it?
I would go for a run, alone. I love to run outside, but that time always seems to slip away.
- Name two things you consider yourself to be very good at doing.
Party planning and hosting
According to my husband, bossing people around - and yes, I would agree.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My boys. It's truly amazing to watch tiny little humans grow into smart, helpful, athletic, "real" people. Beyond thankful my constant praying and hard work shows through in their actions, words and emotions.
- At which store would you max-out your credit card without regret?
Nordstrom. No question.
- What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
- Can you play any instruments? If so, what instrument(s)?
Nope. Wish I had paid more attention at all those piano lessons but they just didn't stick :)
- What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
Editing a website for a non-profit organization I serve - The Greater Birmingham Auburn Club.
- What is your favorite cereal?
Mini Frosted Mini Wheats
- What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted?
My children's birthday presents - no child needs 1,000 new toys for their 2nd birthday!
- What’s the strangest talent you have?
I can tell you exactly what time it is, down to the minute - almost always. It's kind a game at our house.
- What was your childhood nickname?
Button, from my dad only.
- Do you have any strange phobias?
I am very afraid of fire, specifically big house fires. I watched one very sad episode of "Rescue 911" when I was too young...and I just can't shake it.
- Have you ever had a poem or a song written about you?
- Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall – over or under?
Over. Always over. If I'm at your house and it has mistakenly been hung 'under', I will always kindly adjust it accordingly.
- What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?
I really like and follow Chip and Joanna Gaines (Fixer Upper); I love their family, their business, their example as a married couple and of course their show! I follow them both on social media and am eager to read about them as much as possible.
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
Hike Mt. Kilomanjaro, visit ChiqueTerre, Italy and qualify and run the Boston Marathon.
- If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose?
- What is the worst pet you have ever had?
A little yorkie that was actually my brother's, but I still had to live with it! Rocky, would chew and destroy EVERYTHING!